Monday, May 22, 2006

Timestamps On The Day Gone By

7.30 am - Get up. Get ready

9.15 am - Leave home headed for a Quiz.

9.30 am - 30 minutes minimum to kill before the Quiz. The quiz is being conducted by the KQA. A friend called up in the morning and asked me to come. The mailer, as I read later, said "Please report at the venue latest by 9.30 am. Late entries will not be entertained." To those familiar with the KQA, the irony of the above statement need not be iterated. Nevertheless, I land up promptly at 9.25 outside the venue, happy to have kept up my record of never having been late for a quiz. (Wish I applied the same interest to other areas of my life *Sigh*). I find no signs of a living soul anywhere in my immediate proximity. Why am I not surprised? So I decide to take a little walk and return a little later to hopefully find fellow beings there.

9.35 am - I choose Brunton Road to bear the brunt of my mass in motion. (Brunton.. brunt.. aah I crack myself up). For those uninitiated souls who have never been here, Brunton Road is tucked away off MG Road. Whilst on my little walk, I rediscover the beauty of this place. The houses and the serenity just take your breath away. This inspired to me to decide that I will henceforth spend more time devoted to discovering and appreciating the joys of Bangalore. I hope this endeavor of mine actually leaves the drawing room!

9.55 am - I decide to get back, cause just maybe, human life form representing the KQA may have decided to show up. I am not failed this time, as people arrive, I register myself, and 10 minutes later, the quiz begins.

1.30 pm - The quiz is done, and the results are out. I had taken part in the general category and got the highest among college students present there. Woot! But no prize for moi. Only the overall winner, whose paper I ironically ended up correcting, walked away with his wallet substantially heavier. But yeah, we KQA types don't quiz for the money, though the occasional iPod's have been accepted with glee!

1.45 pm - Happy with my little achievement, I decide to go down to the Barista on MG Road, grab some lunch, and read a book.

2.30 pm - Still eating, still reading.

3.30 pm - Still reading.

4.30 pm - I decide to get back home.

4.45 pm - I get down near home, and realise that the auto meter was rigged. But due to limited fluency in Kannada, my anger is restricted to hurling of profanities in English. Auto driver doesn't understand a word, but is highly amused by me. I finally give in, and pay him what he doesn't deserve.

11.45 pm - Teleport 7 hours since last timestamp. I decide to blog, inspired by a comment by my friend that my blog entries must have all been typed under the influence! I think this entry will confirm his suspicions!

11.50 pm - My day comes to an end. A night ahead, full of endless possibilities beckons!

11.51 pm - Time(stamps) up.

2 comments:

Asavari said...

well u sound productive...
how awful that by the time you had finished lunch and were reading...i had just woken up...
my my...
looks like im your one and only fan - pinu would be proud!!
btw...
"I find no signs of a living soul anywhere in my immediate proximity"
*sigh*
*mutters to self - simplicity??*

you'll never learn you flamboyant ostentatious rascal -

peace be with you..

love
mum

Anonymous said...

haha...well looks like u had a nice day